In February 2014, a selection committee will award two Tom Dolan College Scholarships ($3,000 each). Seniors in high school are encouraged to apply!
- The award recipient must be a current player registered with the Challenge Soccer Club program.
- The award recipient must have been registered with Challenge Soccer Club a minimum of 2 full consecutive registration years. (Fall and spring seasons combined equal 1 full registration year; summer participation in camps and clinics is not considered a soccer season.)
- The award recipient has shown dedication to Challenge Soccer Club and her team.
- The award recipient has demonstrated leadership skills and high personal conduct standards on and off the soccer field.
- The award recipient has achieved academic excellence in high school and has a minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale and/or a B average or better.
- The award recipient is a current high school senior with plans to graduate in the spring of 2014 and attend a 2 or 4 year college/university program during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Complete the online portion of the scholarship application by December 14, 2013.
- Email or Mail your completed essay, high school transcript and reference letter to be received by Challenge Soccer Club no later than December 20, 2013.
Challenge Soccer Club
c/o Tom Dolan Soccer Scholarship
16720 Stuebner Airline Rd., #279
Spring, TX 77379
- Essay: Your essay should be typed and double spaced and no more than 2 pages in length. Please answer the essay question clearly and accurately.**Essay question can be found in the online application.
- Transcript: Your high school transcript should be an official transcript from your high school. (Online Parent Access pages or progress reports will not be accepted). Student issued transcripts are accepted. If you have attended more than one high school please send a transcript from all high schools you have attended.
- Reference Letter: This letter should be from someone who knows you very well but is not your parent or a Challenge soccer coach. Typical examples include teacher, community leader or supervisor.
- Your application will be reviewed by a selection committee. The selection committee will consist of 3-5 persons representing Challenge soccer club. A Tom Dolan family representative will always maintain membership on the selection committee. Current Challenge soccer club parents, professional coaches and volunteer managers are strictly prohibited from participation on the selection committee.
- The selection committee will complete their evaluation and determine a list of finalists
- If Needed, Finalists will be invited to participate in a 30 minute personal interview with the selection committee before a final decision is made.
- All applicants will be notified by the selection committee regarding their application status.
For more information or questions about the Tom Dolan Soccer Scholarship please contact Ashley Fendley at firstname.lastname@example.org